Fate Comes to Call
Fate Points and Blue Chips
- represent the universe lining up in your favor. Things go just a little bit better, luck seems to be on your side more often…and sometimes fate itself intervenes to save your sorry ass.
- – Fate Points (FP) give you a global bonus to saves, skills, attacks, and most general rolls and checks. The bonus is equal to your number of fate points. If you have 3 FP, you get +3 to most of your checks and rolls.
- They may be spend to avoid death, lessen or avoid a crippling injury, or alter or reroll a check. Sometimes, you may not have a choice whether or not you can or cannot spend a Fate Point; fate is fickle like that.
- While they can be earned, they are only given to PC’s through effort and daring. Io and the universe does not idly intervene on everyone’s behalf.
- Fate Points can be earned by cashing in Blue Chips. See below.
- are rewards given to players at DM discretion, for good roleplay, ideas, comments, or any other appropriate action.
- Blue Chips are worth, individually, double the number of Fate Points your character currently possesses.
- Blue Chips may be spent to give a bonus to an attack roll, save, skill check, or any other applicable situation.
- Blue Chips be spend in excess of 1/2 your FP total, rounded down, minimum 1.
- Other players may spend their own Blue Chips to aid and assist you, at a 5:1 ratio, with the same spending limitation.
- Blue Chips can be turned in and redeemed for 1 Fate Point at a 25:1 ratio, 25 Blue Chips for 1 Fate Point.